- October 2020
- The “Indian Times” Journal: Gargling With Liquid Mask Breaks the Chain of Infection
- 10 Vital COVID Prevention Lessons – For Today
- Iodine Can Cure & Prevent COVID-19, Say Top Researchers
- The Remarkable Discovery, History and Life of Iodine
- Iodine - Can It Prevent COVID-19? Strong Evidence Says "Yes!"
- Preventing COVID-19: Medical Pundits Have It Wrong
- November 2019
Your Baby Needs You - and Your Iodine
Nov 07, 2019
Baby Needs Mother’s Iodine to Avoid Irreversible Brain Damage
A recent article in THYROID magazine (American Thyroid Assoc.) spells it out clearly. “The fetus is totally dependent on maternal thyroxine (produced by iodine) for normal brain development.” If iodine insufficiency in the mother leads to inadequate thyroid hormones during pregnancy, “irreversible fetal brain damage can result.”
“Iodine,” says the article, “is an essential component of thyroid hormone, which is necessary for many metabolic processes as well as the maturation of the central nervous system. The fetus is totally dependent on maternal iodine for normal brain development…and may also benefit from maternal dietary supplementation of iodine during the rest of pregnancy.”
This article was written thirteen years ago. Since then, iodine has virtually disappeared from most nutritional sources (milk and bread were once the most important sources). In the past, iodine was readily available in salt. However, we now limit our salt intake, because salt can cause hypertension, the precursor to heart disease and high blood pressure. Equally problematic, when the salt container sits on the supermarket shelf for a few months, there is virtually no iodine left. It disappears into the air.
The only safe and reliable route is supplementation. Sadly, food is undependable - and why risk your baby's future and future intelligence?
To read the article, click HERE: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17042677
For the best supplementation, and the safest way to a smart, healthy baby, see our iodine supplement at https://www.iodineproducts.com/collections/health-supplements/products/dietary-iodine-lugols-1-0-oz
- cognition and iodine, fetal brain development, fetal nutrition, happy baby, Iodine, iodine and brain, Iodine and I.Q., iodine and public health, iodine and salt, Iodine and Thyroid, Iodine Benefits, iodine deficiency, iodine in pregnancy, Iodine Products Nutrition, Iodine requirements, iodine supplementation, iodine supplements, Iodized Salt, Iodized Sea Salt, Lack of Iodine, Pregnancy, pregnancy and iodine, Pregnancy and smoking, public health and iodine, supplementation with iodine