- October 2020
- The “Indian Times” Journal: Gargling With Liquid Mask Breaks the Chain of Infection
- 10 Vital COVID Prevention Lessons – For Today
- Iodine Can Cure & Prevent COVID-19, Say Top Researchers
- The Remarkable Discovery, History and Life of Iodine
- Iodine - Can It Prevent COVID-19? Strong Evidence Says "Yes!"
- Preventing COVID-19: Medical Pundits Have It Wrong
- November 2019
Iodine May Have Created The Renaissance
Nov 03, 2019
Iodine & Intellect: Sea Salt Awakens the Mind
1,000 years ago, educated Arab travelers wrote about Europe. What they wrote is impressive: first, because it describes intellectual and physical deficiency applied today only to cretins and iodine-deficient mountain peoples; and second because by 1500 Europe was beginning one of the greatest intellectual awakenings since 600 B.C. and the early Greeks.
Here’s what the Arab travelers wrote about Europeans:
“Warm humor is lacking among them; their bodies are large, their natures gross, their manners harsh, their understanding dull, and their tongues heavy. They have no cultivated sciences, they lack keenness of understanding and clarity of intelligence, and they are apathetic.”
Modern endocrinologists speculate that trade from the East brought spices and sea-salt to Europe, and may be the key to Europe’s remarkable intellectual revolution. Sea-salt, and its iodine, may have cured the stupidity of the Europeans.
The Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism writes, “western and northern Europe, which today lead the world in technological and cultural advancement were, a mere 1000 years ago, considered primitive by their neighbors. A fundamental change occurred in Europe between years 1000 and 1500.”
Iodine came to Europe with the inter-continental salt trade. During the early 1st millennium, Europe was salt and iodine deficient. Sea salt contains enough iodine to create neuro-physiological sufficiency in the fetus (~ 100 micrograms per teaspoon).
Salt was expensive, and only available to the well-to-do. 16th century doctors describe the terrible consequences of iodine deficiency among Europe’s poor; it was probably worse 500 years earlier. Sea salt become available in England via coastal cities such as Liverpool.
“Salt played a prominent role in determining the power and location of the world's great cities. Liverpool rose from just a small English port to become the prime exporting port for the salt dug in the great Cheshire sea-salt mines. Salt created and destroyed empires. The salt mines of Poland led to a vast kingdom in the 16th century. Venice won a war with Genoa over salt and spices. Christopher Columbus later destroyed Mediterranean salt trade by introducing the New World to the market.”
And today? You can use iodized sea salt in small quantities to enliven the flavor of food – without suffering from too much sodium, since sea salt is very SALTY! Plus, you’ll receive the benefits of natural iodine (among the 84 micronutrients in ancient sea salt) AND extra iodine from our unique iodization program.
For more information, visit: https://www.iodineproducts.com/products/iodized-sea-salt
- History of Salt, Iodine, Iodine Benefits, iodine deficiency, iodine evolution, Iodine for Health, Iodine Products Effective Solution, Iodine Products Nutrition, Iodine requirements, iodine supplementation, iodine supplements, Iodized Salt, Iodized Sea Salt, public health and iodine, Salt and Intelligence, Salt and Renaissance, Sea Salt, Sea Salt Benefits, supplementation with iodine